Welcome to Arrest Stories. Eminem's ex-wife Kim Mathers was arrested on suspicion of DUI just days after appearing in court over a separate impaired driving case. Heres what may have happened.
On the evening of Wednesday, May thirteen, two thousand twenty six, Kimberly Ann Scott, known publicly as Kim Mathers, age fifty one, allegedly struck another vehicle while driving in the twenty one mile zone near Detroit, Michigan, at around nine twenty pm. Detective Sergeant Joseph Feld Scott of the Chesterfield Township Police Department told TMZ that officers responded after Kim allegedly struck another vehicle. No injuries were reported, and authorities did not disclose where Kim had been traveling at the time of the incident.
Kim was subsequently booked into the Macomb County Jail in Mt. Clemens, Michigan, in the early hours of Thursday, May fourteenth, two thousand twenty six. Det Sgt Scott also told TMZ Kim was later released from custody following the arrest.
The timing of the arrest drew significant attention, coming just two days after Kim appeared in the forty two dash two District Court in New Baltimore on Monday, May eleventh, where she pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors connected to a separate February incident. Those charges were operating while impaired, a ninety three day misdemeanor, and failure to stop after a collision, a ninety day misdemeanor.
That February incident, which occurred on Monday, February sixteenth, two thousand twenty six, involved Kim allegedly driving a white Range Rover and striking a silver Dodge Ram pickup truck parked on a street, pushing it approximately fifty feet. Kim allegedly fled the scene, drove home, and then collided with her own garage door. Body camera footage from that arrest reportedly showed officers discovering bottles believed to contain a mixture of alcohol and soft drinks inside the vehicle, and captured Kim taking a breathalyzer test. Kim was transported to the hospital with minor injuries following that incident.
Her sentencing hearing for the February case is scheduled for Wednesday, June seventeenth, two thousand twenty six, at nine am at the forty two dash two District Court. It remains unclear whether the latest arrest will affect those proceedings.
Prosecutor Pete Lucido stated that driving under the influence is not just a mistake, calling it a deliberate choice that endangers everyone sharing the road.
All suspects presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Do not take this report as factual, always verify facts. Thanks for watching Arrest Stories.